£49.00 — or subscribe and save 5%
Calcium Alpha-ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG) is a calcium salt. This is the form of alpha-ketoglutarate used in the landmark mouse study shown to extend lifespan, compress morbidity (significantly delayed the onset of age-related conditions and diseases), reduce frailty and reduce chronic inflammation.
- Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate CaAKG (500mg) per capsule
- 120 capsules per bottle
- Third-party lab tested for purity – certificates attached
- Contains no GMOs, artificial colours, preservatives, flavours or allergens
- Suitable for vegans
- 100% biodegradable bottle & lid
For best results, take 2-4 capsules with water or as directed by your health care professional. This is equal to 1000mg – 2000mg of Calcium AKG.
Additional ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose (Capsule), Microcrystalline Cellulose & Magnesium Stearate
Find out more about CaAKG and AKG by clicking here
*All Vitality Pro products are manufactured and third-party tested to GMP standards and ISO 9001:2015 quality certified.
Micro Quality Labs have confirmed successful testing results. We are awaiting document control to release certificate.
The most promising study on alpha-ketoglutarate was conducted in 2020 and published in the journal Cell Metabolism. Researchers studied the effects of calcium alpha-ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG) on ageing mice. The results were shocking. According to the study, calcium alpha-ketoglutarate (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413120304174):
- – Extended lifespan
- – Compressed morbidity (significantly delayed the onset of age-related conditions and diseases)
- – Reduced frailty
- – Reduced chronic inflammation
Interestingly, researchers observed a difference in outcome based on sex. Observing females, the authors saw a significant decrease in the expression of age-dependent phenotypes like fur colour, piloerection (involuntary bristling of hair), poor coat, dermatitis, gait disorder, and kyphosis (excessive curvature of the spine).
Researchers observed slightly different male outcomes, including decreased expression of “severity of body condition, dermatitis, gait disorder, eye discharge, kyphosis, and tumours”.
A few other highlights of this study include:
- Results were achieved by giving mice calcium alpha-ketoglutarate at middle age, suggesting that even middle-aged or elderly individuals may benefit from supplementing with AKG to combat the diseases and dysfunction associated with its natural decline.
- Researchers mapped the levels of 24 known inflammatory cytokines. Ca-AKG-treated mice exhibited low levels of these cytokines, while the control group did not. This indicates that Ca-AKG may prevent chronic inflammation by down-regulating the cytokines that cause it.
- In female mice, researchers also noticed increased anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10. This was not observed in males and may explain the discrepancy above in age-dependent phenotype expression.
The importance of this study, and the excitement it evoked among longevity scientists, cannot be understated. However, clinical trials are needed to understand better how similar results may or may not be achieved in human subjects.
Prompt, friendly service, product as described.
I have been taking Ca-AKG for just over a month now. Would not say I feel a dramatic difference, but it has been not too long. Other people said you need to take it for 3-4 months at least. So, I will be monitoring my progress. What is really changed is that I am sleeping less now, just 6-6.5h maximum and don’t feel tired in mornings. I don’t have any negative effects and I do hope this will improve my health over a time. The delivery was very quick and I would buy again in a future.
This product really looks very good I want to continue using it because I notice something new in me. I give it 5 stars is really works keep using it.
The purchase experience was super easy.
The product is as expected, the customer service is very good and the delivery was very fast.